The course is designed for registrars in Anatomical Pathology. It will be held on January 19–20, 2019, commencing at 8.30am on Saturday at Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology, Macquarie Park. Attendees should arrive 15 minutes earlier to pick up their welcome pack and to set up. Onsite parking is available.
The course will be highly interactive and include microscopic cases and lectures, followed by discussion of relevant, common and some unusual but important cases in surgical pathology.
High-quality histology slides are presented and will be followed by an interactive discussion.
Microscopic Sessions: All systems of surgical pathology, including soft tissue, bone and joints, neurology, endocrine, breast, gynae, skin, head and neck, prostate, urogenital, GIT and lymphoproliferative.
Virtual slides of small biopsies, frozen sections, immunohistochemistry stained slides and special histochemical stains. Gynae and non-gynae cytology slides.
Day 1: ‘Approach to Thyroid Nodules - New Theories and Concepts’ – Dr Tina Baillie
Day 2: ‘Approach to Prostate Cancer – The Nuts and Bolts in Conquering Prostate Carcinomas and Gradings’ – Adj. Prof. Warick Delprado
The course is designed to be relevant to different year groups, from beginners (completed first year, not doing exams) to pre-Part 1 and pre-Part 2, to overseas-trained specialists.
1) To provide a realistic approach for registrars to evaluate their levels of knowledge and progress in training.
2) To provide a realistic approach for overseas-trained specialists who have joined, or hope to join, the RCPA training program.
3) To assist registrars in developing an effective approach to unknown slides.
4) To discuss strategies to expand diagnostic and reporting skills.
5) To expose registrars to more virtual microscopy slides and cytology.
URL for Event Details :
With microscope hire: $500.00 (inc GST).
Without microscope hire (BYO microscope): $400.00 (inc GST)