Register online – hurry, spaces are limited.
An intensive two-day lecture series covering core law subjects to provide doctors, dentists and other health professionals with an understanding of the basic concepts of medical law, thus allowing a credible and realistic understanding of matters of law applicable to professional practice.
- Recognise the legal framework that underpins the health care system in Australia.
- Differentiate between the consent required for treatment (trespass) and informed consent (negligence).
- Recognise the consent requirements in adults who lack capacity, both at common law and under guardianship legislation.
- Interpret the legal medicine issues surrounding the beginning of life and end of life in clinical practice.
- Apply the principles of confidentiality and privacy to your clinical practice and record keeping system.
URL for Event Details :