Roche Scientific Poster Display
Closing Date Deadline for Abstract: Friday 6 December 2019
Contact: Rachel Johnson email@example.com +61 2 8356 5852
Abstracts not in the required format will not be accepted.
Each submission will be acknowledged via a return email – if you don’t receive this acknowledgment please call Rachel Johnson +61 2 8356 5852.
The Pathology Update 2020 Overseeing Committee invites all delegates to contribute to the scientific program by submitting abstracts for the Roche Scientific Poster Display together with their full registration of the presenting author. One full paid registration is required to accompany each abstract.
If you are entering the DS Nelson, BEA or QAP Trainee Prizes you may only enter the Roche Scientific Poster Display if you have not been selected to present in these prizes.
- Roche will award $500 AUD for the best poster from each major pathology scientific discipline (Anatomical Pathology, Chemical Pathology, Forensic Pathology, Genetic Pathology, Haematology, Immunopathology, Microbiology).
- Please note that poster (or oral) presentations are a requirement for Anatomical, Chemical and Microbiology Trainees and recommended for all other disciplines (Haematology, Immunopathology, Forensic and Genetic Pathology).
- A maximum of 4 abstracts per delegate will be accepted. Multiple abstracts should be submitted in a single email.
- Submission deadline is final. Only submissions accepted before the deadline are able to be displayed at Pathology Update and published in the official RCPA College Journal Pathology that is the abstract publication for Pathology Update.
- Abstracts for the Roche Scientific Poster Display will be considered by a subcommittee of the RCPA Board of Education and Assessment and all presenting authors will be notified upon submission of their abstract.
- Abstract/s must be accompanied by full registration of the submitting/presenting author. Authors registration must be received by the early bird cut-off date of Thursday 20 February 2020.
One full paid registration is required to accompany each abstract. Abstracts without a paid registration will be withdrawn. A co-author can register on behalf of the submitting author.
- Delegates are responsible for printing their own poster and hanging them at the conference. Fabric posters will not be accepted due to inability to effectively hang on fabric display boards.
- Judging will be conducted from 10.00am – 4.00pm on Friday 20 March 2020.
- Applicants are not required to but may stand at your poster during lunch time on Friday 20 March 2020 to answer any questions from the judges and conference delegates (optional).
- Presenting authors must be present for the announcement of the winners on Saturday 21 March 2020 at morning tea to be eligible to win.
Abstracts must be submitted via email and attached in a Word document and not sent in the body of the email. Multiple abstracts should be submitted in a single email.
Abstracts must not exceed 200 words (excluding title, authors and institution, references and statement of originality).
Abstracts must be typed in English, using a 12 point single font with single line spacing, in Microsoft Word format.
Your abstract heading must include: 'Roche Scientific Poster Display', your name (first name in full, followed by surname in full), and the Pathology discipline your abstract belongs to (Anatomical Pathology, Chemical Pathology, Forensic Pathology, Genetic Pathology, Haematology, Immunopathology or Microbiology). Abstracts must include a discipline. Authors must only nominate one discipline.
The title should be brief and explicit.
Underline the submitting/presenting author only. Do not include titles or degrees.
Underline the submitting/presenting author, use superscript numerals for author affiliations, and italicise the list of affiliations, e.g.
Harold Cook1, Paul Stephens1, Kate J. Davies1, Garry Harding2, Don W. Thomas1
1Department of Oral Surgery, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, Australia; 2Wound Healing Research Unit, Department of Surgery, University of Wales, Cardiff, UK
Specify the name and location of institution where the work was done.
Abstract may contain the aims of study, methods, results and discussion. If providing a structured abstract please put the headings in bold followed by a colon, e.g. Background: This study was conducted because…., Methods: The method used for this study........
Abstracts in Case report format will be accepted.
Maximum of three references.
Figures, images and tables will not be published.
Abbreviations should be only used for common terms. For uncommon terms, the abbreviation should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word.
At the end of the abstract please include a statement specifying which part of the work was your own original idea and contribution (not included in word count).
No headers or footers.
Name your Word file in the following format: SURNAME_ROCHE_ddmmyy
Abstract/s must be accompanied by a full registration of the submitting/presenting author. Registrations must be completed by the early bird cut-off date of Thursday 20 February 2019.
Note: One full paid registration is required to accompany each abstract. Abstracts without a paid registration will be withdrawn.
Once your abstract has been submitted, this is final. No additions or changes will be accepted.
See sample abstract below.
- Poster Number: Your Poster Number will be supplied to you prior to Pathology Update, available onsite and via the RCPA Pathology Update conference app when the app goes live.
- NO FABRIC POSTERS as fabric posters which fall down and become a trip hazard will be removed.
- Poster Size: A0 size (841mm x 1189mm). Note A1 size is also accepted (594 x 841 mm).
- Display Orientation: Portrait ONLY
- Poster Mounting: Bring your own Velcro dots. The Poster Boards will be female Velcro (fluffy side). You must attach only the male Velcro to your poster (hook side). Delegates will be responsible for providing their own Velcro.
- Each delegate is responsible for printing, mounting and the removal of their own poster.
- Posters will be on display amongst the Industry Exhibition. Your poster/s must be on the in your assigned poster location by 10.00am Friday and removed by 3.00pm on Sunday. Please do not remove the poster prior to this time.
- Please bring your poster tube clearly marked with your name on it for on-site storage near the poster boards at Pathology Update.
- Delegates are welcome to stand by your poster during lunch and afternoon tea if you wish, but it is not compulsory.
- Judging of posters will happen between 10am and 4pm Friday.
- Winners will be announced Saturday at morning tea – delegates MUST BE PRESENT for the announcement. Please come to Roche booth to collect your certificate followed by photos at your poster.
- Winners will be required to provide bank account details.
Onsite at Pathology Update
- Posters are to be hung onsite by 10am Friday 20 March 2020.
- Winners will be announced at the Roche booth at Morning Tea on Saturday 21 March 2020.