Specialist Training Program
From 1 January 2010 the Specialist Training Program (STP) became the single platform for Commonwealth grants support for specialist training initiatives. The current terms of this funding agreement have now been extended until 31 December 2015. The aims and objectives of this program are to:
- increase the capacity of the health workforce to train specialists;
- better train specialists with education that matches the nature of demand and reflects the way health services are delivered;
- develop networked specialist training arrangements, which are:
- integrated series of accredited training sites focusing on providing health care, through which trainees may rotate in the pursuit of specialist qualification;
- based on health service delivery requirements of a region with the education potential of training sites being matched to the health service delivery potential inherent in increased availability of a specialist trainee workforce.
For more information about the Specialist Training Program please email the Senior Project Manager or phone on 02 8356 5894.