Forensic Pathology Registrar
||Forensic Pathology Registrar
|Type of position:
||VIC - Australia
||Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine
||The VIFM is the pre-eminent forensic medical institution in Australia. We provide forensic medical services both within Australia and overseas, and are leaders in disaster victim identification management and the application of post-mortem radiological imaging techniques.
Forensic pathology is at the interface of medicine and the law and you will join the Institute’s forensic pathology team in providing independent investigations into the causes and mechanisms of sudden, unexpected and suspicious deaths.
Forensic pathology also plays an important preventative role in public health and safety particularly in the provision of health-related information to families and the wider community.
You will have an interest in the engagement of medicine with the justice system and will be trained and supported in conducting medico-legal investigations for the State Coroner and the Police, as well as proving expert opinion and testimony concerning your investigations.
The positions are for 12 months fixed term commencing February 2022.
- Must be a qualified medical practitioner, and currently enrolled in the RCPA training programme
- Post part 1 candidates (AP1 or FP1) preferred
- Trainees currently on the Victorian Anatomical Pathology training programme will also need to apply
for a transfer through this programme
- A current driver’s licence is essential
- Short-listed candidates will also be required to undergo a separate interview to the training programme given the specific nature of the job
||Dr Linda Iles
|Contact phone number:
|Job URL (for more information):
|Full job description:
||Please click here for more information
||Sunday, 08 August 2021
Please return to the Job Listings Page to view more jobs.
If you have any difficulties, please contact the webmaster.